Following is information about Gainesville Pet Rescue’s adoption process. You can also view the pets that are currently available for adoption in our program.
Viewing Our Pets
Most of our pets can be viewed on our website. Our website is updated throughout the week. Please call the GPR office at (352) 692-4773 to confirm when each pet will be available for adoption. We are open for adoptions on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 5pm. We encourage you to stop by and visit the animals.
Application for Adoption
If you are interested in adopting, we ask that you complete an adoption application and speak with one of our adoption counselors. Our goal is to insure that we are matching the right pet with the right person and to answer any questions you may have.
To be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and show your current driver’s license.
- Be prepared to provide written consent from landlord on management letterhead if you rent your home/apt. If you own your home please bring proof of address (utility bill in your name or similar).
- Be prepared to provide copies of vet records of current pets in household (with proof of vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and date of spay/neuter). If you do not bring a medical record with you, GPR may contact your vet directly.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet.
- Read the handout entitled “Before You Adopt.”
- Complete this application and interview with an adoption counselor.